The Associated Student Government has served as a stepping stone for many Razorbacks. During their time at the University of Arkansas, members learned a variety of skills including: debate, budgeting, critical thinking, time management, communication, professional networking, and much more!
On that note, we have a series of initiatives in maintaining a great alumni partnership! These include:
ASG President’s Council Scholarship
One way to stay involved with ASG is through supporting the ASG President’s Council Scholarship. Founded in 2010 by then ASG President Billy Fleming, the ASG President’s Council Scholarship provides financial assistance to two University of Arkansas students with demonstrated academic success and financial need. Each year private gift support from former ASG officers fund the scholarship. Applications are released in the spring semester and are open to all University of Arkansas students. ASG alumni and the current ASG President review the applications submitted. Paul Marsh, Anthony Eller, Summer Sherrod, and Toni Jankovski were awarded the Associated Student Government’s Presidents’ Council Scholarship for the 2015-2016 academic year.
The Associated Student Government Alumni Society
The Mission of the ASG Alumni Society:
- To bring together former members of ASG, and other friends of the University of
Arkansas and her student government.
- To work for the benefit and advancement of student government alumni,
students, faculty, staff and community.
Our Purpose shall be:
- To foster communication among ASG alumni, former and present ASG
students, faculty and friends through events and other activities.
- To perpetuate and foster friendship and goodwill among our members.
- To promote activities that would recognize the history, contributions and
traditions of ASG at the University of Arkansas.
- To act as a conduit for the interchange of dialogue between ASG alumni,
present and former ASG students, faculty, friends and the University of
- To foster the development and maintenance of current and future scholarships
and other means for assisting University of Arkansas students in their education
at the University of Arkansas.
- To promote the professional development of ASG students through community
The Arkansas Alumni Association
The Arkansas Alumni Association serves graduates, friends and donors around the world. Connecting and serving the University of Arkansas Family is our mission. Building relationships is our passion. We take pride in having alumni, friends and family support us through membership dues.
By joining the Arkansas Alumni Association, you will not only receive exclusive VIP perks, but you will also be giving back to the University of Arkansas by supporting students through our Membership Scholarship. MEMBERSHIP MATTERS! Visit, www.arkansasalumni.org.