ASG Chief Justice
- 9 Justices – Term is 3 academic years
- 2 Proxies – Term is 1 academic year
- Ex-officio, non voting members
- Advisor serves as ex-officio, non voting member
- Appointed by ASG President, Confirmed by Senate, GSC
- Judicial Appointments, if made
- To ensure fair and equitable treatment of all who come before you.
- To consider all evidence fully and carefully before arriving at a decision.
- To treat all students who appear before you with respect and dignity.
- To adhere to all rules of confidentiality.
- To uphold the standards set forth the ASG Constitution and Code.
- Report any effort to influence the Judicial board
- Inform the Chief Justice and the ASG Advisor if you have any personal knowledge about a case that may cause you to be biased.
- Review all case information prior to the start of the hearing
- Maintain confidentiality as required
- Attend all scheduled hearings and training sessions
Student Growth and Development
- View students as learners who are growing and maturing.
- Hold all students accountable for their actions.
- Allow students to experience the consequences of their choices.
- Aid students in understanding that their behavior may influence others.
- Give them standards for examining their progress toward the attainment of those behavioral standards’
- Make clear that failure to understand and act on those standards will jeopardize his or her opportunity to remain in ASG.
When does ASGJ Convene?
- ASGJ membership issues
- Asked for an interpretation of the Constitution or Code
- Planning Elections & Events
- Election Complaints
- Allegation of misconduct filed against an elected or appointed ASG agent
For questions regarding the ASG Judicial Branch, please contact the ASG Chief Justice, Justyce Yuille, at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any complaints regarding ASG, please reference the general form attached.