2019 General Election Timeline
The 2019 General Election will be held to elect a Student Body President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary, as well as senators. The office of President and Vice President will be listed together on the ballot, and the offices of Treasurer and Secretary will be listed separately. The Senate election will be organized by college and only students enrolled in the specific college will be able to vote for the candidates from that college. Candidates elected in the 2019 General Election will serve in their various positions throughout the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Executive and Senate Candidate Application: opens Jan. 28th at 9 a.m., closes Feb. 4th at NOON
- Optional Senate Candidate Orientation: Jan. 31st,Time TBA
- Senate Candidate Orientation Quiz: Due Feb. 4th at NOON
- Mandatory Executive Candidate Orientation: Feb. 13th,Time TBA
- Executive Candidate Soft Campaigning begins Feb. 20th at 4 p.m.
- Secretary/Treasurer Debate: Feb. 26th, 6:30 p.m., Giffels Auditorium
- President/Vice President Debate: Feb. 27th, 6:30 p.m., Giffels Auditorium
- Town Hall Debate: Feb. 28th, 6:30 p.m., Giffels Auditorium
- Senate Candidate Soft Campaigning begins Feb. 28th at 6 p.m. or upon notification from the Chief Justice
- Executive Candidate & Senate Candidate Hard Campaigning begins at 12:01 a.m. on March 4th
- Elections Cookout: March 4th, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Election: March 4th-6th
- Voting opens at 9 a.m. on the 4th
- Voting closes at 4 p.m. on the 6th (All campaigning ends)
- Senate and Executive Elections Expenditure Report Deadline: March 7th at NOON
If you have any questions about the General Election timeline or processes, please contact the ASG Chief Justice Julianna Tidwell (email@example.com).